Contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Happy Valentine’s Day! I wanted to spread the love today by offering up a fantastic recipe that would go great for a birthday party, a fun wintery get-together or just because it’s cold outside and more winter storms are going to be hitting us soon! Cuddle up with your kiddos and make some fun hot cocoa spoons. These are super simple to make and look great as decorations (and to use) for your next fun winter event.
This recipe will yield one dozen hot cocoa spoons:
12 Plastic Spoons
2 T solid shortening
3/4 cup Wilton white and or blue chocolate melts
Wilton edible snowflakes
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt the shortening.
3. Add the chocolate melts and stir continuously until completely melted. Let cool for 1 minute.
4. Dip each spoon into the melted chocolate, filling it completely.
5. Lay each spoon onto the baking sheet with the handle of the spoon over the edge of the baking sheet. This will help balance the spoon so the chocolate does not spill out before it sets.
6. Sprinkle spoons with edible snowflakes, sprinkles, nonpareils, pearls, etc.
7. Let each spoon“set” for at least 20 minutes.
Gift Idea- wrap each spoon in cellophane and tie with a pretty ribbon to give as a gift or favor!
Wilton Candy Melts-Blue
Wilton 1911-1300 Candy Melts, Bright White
Wilton Petite Snowflake Decor
Wilton 710-2094 Sprinkles Pearlized Snowflakes Sprinkles